STRANGER STOP AND CAST AN EYE...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Marchesa

A woman's fashion label that I stumbled upon over a year ago.
http://www.marchesa.com/


Only a few years in, and their designs have already become a stable on the red carpet. Personally, I like their brand, it's soft, feminine, fairytale-like at times, soft - safe colours, and just... very inspirational overall. Plus, they have two ladies as their directors =).
Unfortunately though, their dresses are something that we'll never be able to afford. (High end label, haute couture, you're looking in the something thousand range per dress. Not that we would ever have an occasion to wear it...)
 
And, for their spring 2010 collection, Asian influences! Origami! ^_______^
While not the most conventional, it is an art, wearable art almost. I think that's what I like the most about their designs, they are not just clothes anymore, but an absolute form of art.

*Edit: something that I realized I haven't done in a LONG while... opps.
  Today's birthdays: Septimius Severus and James Parkinson.

No comments:

Post a Comment