STRANGER STOP AND CAST AN EYE...

Saturday, February 20, 2010

I swear, composers have these days where they think, "Hmm.... how shall I torture my students today?". Then they go and make up something like this infamous piece below:

And then, when the students complain about the impossibility of the piece, he would then make them play and memorize the piece's cousin:

At least they are fun to look at....

Though, some of these torture pieces are actually possible, and sound just so lovely.

For example, this one that I attempted (while procrastinating on some other work) the other day.

Hard? A little, but it's really fun to play.

And without further ado, I give you, Prelude and Nocturne for the left hand, by Alexander Scriabin.



Today is the World Day of Social Justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment